GFT Italy, global provider of IT solutions for the financial, banking and insurance in Spain, the UK, France, Switzerland, Brazil and the United States, research GIS developer (GISD) for a major project in Joint Research Center - Ispra (Varese - Italy) International/ multicultural exciting environment.
The Joint Research Centre (JRC) is the European Commission's science and knowledge service. Its mission is to support EU policies with independent evidence throughout the whole policy cycle. Its work has a direct impact on the lives of citizens by contributing with its research outcomes to a healthy and safe environment, secure energy supplies, sustainable mobility and consumer health and safety. JRC is spread across six sites in five different countries within the EU.
The JRC centres represent a global HUB for scientific research, managed directly by the European Commission, organized as research projects that require the engagement of ICT professional skills to realize innovative technology results.
Detailed description of the profiles
Nature of the tasks
· Design and construction of Geographical Information Systems
· Technical assistance for the use of GIS software
· Implementation of geospatial analysis tools.
· Elaboration of test programs
· Integration with other applications
· Writing of technical documentation
· Assistance with deployment and configuration of the system
· Assist with evaluating and testing products delivered by other teams to ensure that they conform to the requirements and methodology.
· Participation in meetings with the project teams.
Knowledge and skills
· In depth knowledge of GIS software and tools
· In-depth knowledge of relational database systems
· In depth knowledge of SQL
· Good knowledge of geospatial data analysis
· Good knowledge of programming languages
· Good knowledge of the design and development of web and multi-tier web applications
· Good knowledge of modelling tools (e.g. UML)
· Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application developments
· Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, ease of communication.
· Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in working in team.
· Minimum 2 years GIS experience
· Minimum 2 years of analysis and programming experience
· Experience with Relational Database Management Systems
· Experience with SQL
· Experience in web application development
· Experience of the following GIS tools (e.g. ARC VIEW, ARC INFO, ARC GIS).
Knowledge of and experience in the use of the following skills is an asset:
· knowledge of programming languages (Matlab, R, OCTAVE…)
· knowledge of programming languages (C, C++, Java, Python, …).
· Experience Database (MySQL, Oracle, PostreSQL/PostGIS, …)
· knowledge of (Web) application server, PHP, java script,
We are looking for candidates with various degrees of experience, from junior to senior