If you want to stay in Bulgaria for longer than 1 month, you need to apply for a Visa and a Residency Permit to the Bulgarian consular or diplomatic representation concerned. The documents needed for obtaining a Visa and a Residency Permit are:
- A passport valid for at least 6 months longer than your planned stay in Bulgaria
- A letter from your host organisation stating that board and lodging will be provided
- A work permit
- Special Form
- 3 Photographs (Size 3x4cm)
- Birth Certificate
Finally, to obtain all of the aforementioned documents, you will need a work permit. Even if you are working as a volunteer you will need it (since the volunteer category does not exist there yet, you are considered to be a worker). This permit is issued by the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, only at the request of the employer to the Local Employment Centre.
You will need the following documents:
- Statutes of the host organisation
- Authorised translation of the documents attesting to the necessary qualifications
- Health Certificate issued by the Health Service or an authorised translation of a health certificate from another country
- Host organisations are considered as employers in Bulgaria. They are obliged to pay the national minimum wage, which is approximately 36 Euro.
The easiest way to find a job in Bulgaria is through the web. There are thousands of job offers just waiting for you to submit your CV to the potential employer!
We invite you to check our Useful Links section. You will find some of the best English language websites in Bulgaria related to job-hunting. Please pay attention to sensitive information such as when to apply for a job, what kind of documents you need to send along with the application form, etc.
> USEFUL LINKS
JOB TIGER: www.jobtiger.bg
GENERAL INFORMATION ON BULGARIA: www.bulgaria.com
BULGARIAN EMBASSIES AROUND THE WORLD: www.bulgaria.com/embassy
> LOCAL PAPERS
Bulgaria Financial and Business News Daily: www.pari.bg
> FOR MORE INFORMATION
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND INDUSTRY
7 Samara St., 4003
Plovdiv - Bulgaria
Tel: +359 32 652643
Fax: +359 32 652647
AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
19 Patriarch Evtimii Blvd.,
Floor 5, Apt 10
Sofia 1000 - Bulgaria
Tel: +359 2 981 5950
Fax: +359 2 980 4206