The Telecom & Media Division of Altran Italia supports the main international players in their Digital Transformation path, supporting them in innovation projects concerning the IoT, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and Cybersecurity fields. In Altran you will find a structured environment that will help you in your professional growth, making you the protagonist of a new ecosystem of technologies, ideas and processes.
Altran Italia is looking for an Automation Engineer for some project opportunities, Milano site.
Resources will be involved in the following activities:
- Interface directly with internal clients daily;
- Facilitate meetings with business SMEs and business technology as needed;
- Collaborate with other teams to design and implement tools that help automate end-to-end processes that involve the network and system infrastructure;
- Integrate existing open source software tools and participate in open source projects to contribute to their evolution and optimization;
- Deploy and audit configuration of Network devices and Linux hosts;
- Assist with the process of translating business requirements into various appropriately documented deliverables such as functional design specification, use cases, and workflow/processes diagrams;
- Assist in the creation of assessments and prioritizations of automation opportunities.
The ideal candidate have a master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering and have at least 2 years of professional experience.
- Comfortable using the Linux/Unix command line and command line tools;
- Knowledge of networking concepts;
- Have demonstrated effective communication, both orally and in writing including the ability to communicate within cross-functional/organizational teams;
- A self-starter who delivers high-quality work and can adapt to new challenges, either on their own or as part of a team;
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to interview colleagues, gather business process details and identify solution requirements;
- Good proficiency in English;
- Travel availability.
They will also be evaluated positively:
- Knowledge of routing protocols and concepts (BGP, OSPF, IS-IS);
- Experience with developing software for highly scalable/distributed systems;
- Experience with installations of Linux/Unix;
- Experience with Ansible, Python, NETCONF, OpenConfig;
- Awareness of digital automation technologies, blockchain, internet of things, OCR, machine learning and artificial intelligence;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Proven track record of strong interpersonal & organization skills and the ability to prioritize accordingly;
- Understanding IT delivery methodologies (ITIL, Agile development).
Legally protected status will be considered as an asset.