If you need a work visa to go to China you must have the following documents:
- One passport sized photograph
- A valid original passport with blank pages
- An invitation letter/fax from a Chinese governmental department or government-authorised company. For a multiple-entry visa the invitation letter must be the original one.
- An employment permit from the Ministry of Labour of the State Bureau of Foreign Experts of China
- Completed visa application form
Most companies in China will be willing to help you if they think you are a suitable candidate for a given opening in their organisation.
> FINDING A JOB
There are many ways to find a job in China.
The first one, and maybe the most popular one, is to browse through the thousands of job postings online. You can take a look at our recommended websites on our Useful Links section on this page.
You can also go to the main newspapers online. Many of them are in English, and offer hundreds of jobs in Hong Kong, Beijing, and other cities throughout the country.
> USEFUL LINKS
JOB SEARCH: www.jobsearch.com.hk
HONGKONG JOBS: www.hkjobs.com
CLASSIFIED POST ONLINE: www.classifiedpost.com.hk
HONG KONG CAREER NET: www.hk.super.net
> LOCAL PAPERS
CHINA DAILY: www.chinadaily.com.cn
CHINA INFORMED: www.chinainformed.com
INSIDE CHINA: www.insidechina.com
PEOPLES DAILY: english.peopledaily.com.cn
> FOR MORE INFORMATION
MERNST&YOUNG HUMAN RESOURCES CONSULTING
10/f, Tower 2, The Gateway
25 - 27 Canton Rd, Kln Hong Kong China
Tel : +86 2629 3589
Fax: +86 2827 6081
ITALIAN EMBASSY (CHINA)
The Italian Embassy in Beijing 2
San Li Tun Dong Er Jie 100600 Beijing - CHINA
Tel: +86 (10) 653 22131
Fax: +86(10) 65324676