The documents you need to apply for a work visa in Latvia are the following:
- A letter from your future employer stating start and end dates of your stay in Latvia
- A completed and signed application form
- One passport size photograph
- A valid passport (valid for at least two months of the intended departure date from Latvia)
- Visa application fee (check with the local Embassy of Latvia in your country for updated information)
Times vary depending on the case, and on your country of residence. Please ask the Consulate or Embassy of Latvia in your country for further information.
> FINDING A JOB
To find a job in Latvia you can rely upon the various websites available on the Internet. As in other Eastern European countries, online recruitment has developed immensely.
Nevertheless, you can try and browse through local papers in the country. We strongly suggest you learn some Latvian to be able to understand the most popular newspapers in Latvia. There you will find hundreds of job offers, but not many of them are in English.
English teachers are required in many language schools and universities. Engineers and economists (managers, consultants, etc) are also very welcome.
The knowledge of other languages is very important, but it is not a must. The labour market in Latvia has developed slightly in the past years, and it is expected to develop further within the next 5 years.
> USEFUL LINKS
> LOCAL PAPERS
THE BALTIC TIMES: www.baltictimes.com
> FOR MORE INFORMATION
EMBASSY OF LATVIA (ITALY)
Viale Liegi, 42
00198 Rome, Italy
Tel: +39 06 884 1229
Fax: +39 06 884 12 39
EMBASSY OF ITALY (LATVIA)
Teatra iela, 9
LV 1050 Riga Latria
Tel: +371 721 60 69
Fax: +371 721 60 84